The lab investigates the following topics under real-time embedded systems.
- Real-time Distributed embedded systems
- Fair Scheduling for Multiprocessors.
- Reliability-aware power Management
- Temperature-aware Energy Management
In related area, we also have looked into fast routing table lookup, high-speed packet classification, and secured wireless sensor networks
- N. Gupta, S. K. Mandal, A. Mandal, J. Malave & R. N. Mahapatra, “A Hardware Scheduler for Real-Time Multiprocessor System on Chip”, 23rd International Conference on VLSI Design, 2010, pp.264-269.
- R. Sridharan and R. Mahapatra, “Reliability Aware Power Management for Dual-Processor Real-Time Embedded Systems,” Proceedings of IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC), pp. 819-824, 2010. (Acceptance rate 25%)
- D. Dechev, R. Mahapatra and B. Stroustrup, “Practical and Verifiable C++ Dynamic cast in Autonomous Space Systems”, Special Issue on Real-time Distributed Computing and Ubiquitous computing in Memory – Intl. Journal of Computing Science and Engineering (JCSE), December 2008.
- R. Sridharan; N. Gupta; R. Mahapatra, “Feedback-controlled reliability-aware power management for real-time embedded systems,” Proceedings of 45th ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference, DAC, pp. 185-190, 8-13 June 2008.
- S. Acharya and R. Mahapatra, “A Dynamic Slack Management Technique for Real-Time Distributed Embedded System,” IEEE Transactions on Computer, Volume 57, Issue 2, pp. 215-230, Dec 2008.
- R. Mahapatra and W. Zhao., “An Energy efficient Slack Distribution Technique for Multimode Distributed Real-time embedded Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems Volume 16, Issue 7, July 2005 pp.650 – 662.